If you think your child is having a problem with alcohol use, consider seeking the advice of a health professional who specializes in alcohol problems before speaking with the adolescent. To find a professional, contact your family doctor or a local hospital. Other sources of information and guidance are our blogs under “Alcoholism” or those listed at the end of this article.